Think kids don't eat salad? Try this one and see what happens! Cooked ground beef is mixed with ketchup and mustard, then placed on lettuce and served with all their favorite burger toppings. Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 2 hamburger buns, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 8 dill pickle slices
- For croutons, place bun cubes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with garlic salt; toss to coat. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the ketchup, mustard and pepper; heat through.
- Divide lettuce among four dinner plates; top each with tomatoes, meat mixture, cheese and bacon. Garnish with croutons and pickles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Cheeseburger Salad in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p8
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review