Bacon Cheeseburger Salad Recipe
- 2 hamburger buns, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 8 dill pickle slices
- For croutons, place bun cubes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with garlic salt; toss to coat. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the ketchup, mustard and pepper; heat through.
- Divide lettuce among four dinner plates; top each with tomatoes, meat mixture, cheese and bacon. Garnish with croutons and pickles. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Salad(3)
Sort By :
It was easy and delicious. A nice change from a burger. I didn't find it to be anymore work than taco salad, maybe a bit less work. I added a dollop of miricle whip on top and I think it would also be great with a bit of ranch dressing!!!
I made this dish and honestly it was just a lot of work. It was good, and it was neat to try but my family would have been just as satisfied with Taco Salad which I could closely compare this dish too and with less work.
Yummy Yummy Yummy! Next time I make it I'm going to use tomato sauce in stead of ketchup. I'm not a big fan of the ultra sweet taste of ketchup.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Salads >