Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-Ups Recipe
“My husband and I both love these roll-ups. I often serve them with broccoli and cheese. They must be good, because this recipe won a first place prize at the Iowa State Fair!” Jessica Cain — Des Moines, IA
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, bacon and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Flatten each biscuit into a 5-in. circle; spoon 1/3 cup beef mixture onto each biscuit. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine ketchup and mustard; serve with roll-ups. Yield: 8 servings.
1 roll-up with 4-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 429 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,372 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC