- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add the water, barbecue sauce, mustard, onion and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; stir in the rice. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with pickles and bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Rice
Sort By :
"if you're looking for something quick and easy to make, but could care less how it tastes, this is it. This was the most bland dish I've made in a very long time. I'm being generous and giving 3 stars only because it is a good base recipe that can be made decent with a few additions from the spice rack..."
"I don't.care for the Bbq sauce. to SWEET I prefer spicy like org. Rotel!"
"This was GREAT! I doubled the recipe to have some to freeze. I used instant brown rice and it turned out just fine. I think it would be just as good with ketchup in lieu of the barbecue sauce."
"Really good and very easy to make. I might omit the pickles as they didn't do a lot for us, but all in all this was simple and tasty."
"I thought this recipe would have significantly more flavor than it did. I even used a spicy BBQ sauce. Will not make again."