- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add the water, barbecue sauce, mustard, onion and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; stir in the rice. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with pickles and bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Rice
Sort By :
"The flavors were great! The sweetness from the bbq sauce didn't make it too sweet. I followed the directions exactly and it came out great. Loved it."
"if you're looking for something quick and easy to make, but could care less how it tastes, this is it. This was the most bland dish I've made in a very long time. I'm being generous and giving 3 stars only because it is a good base recipe that can be made decent with a few additions from the spice rack..."
"I don't.care for the Bbq sauce. to SWEET I prefer spicy like org. Rotel!"
"This was GREAT! I doubled the recipe to have some to freeze. I used instant brown rice and it turned out just fine. I think it would be just as good with ketchup in lieu of the barbecue sauce."
"Really good and very easy to make. I might omit the pickles as they didn't do a lot for us, but all in all this was simple and tasty."