Bacon Cheeseburger Rice Recipe
My husband and I thought the original skillet dish lacked pizzazz, so we created this tastier version. I've had teenage nieces and nephews request the recipe after their first bite. —Joyce Whipps, West Des Moines, Iowa
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add the water, barbecue sauce, mustard, onion and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil; stir in the rice. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with pickles and bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 579 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 995 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC