Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Kids of all ages love pizza and cheeseburgers, and this recipe combines them both. My grandchildren usually request pizza for supper when they visit me. They like to help me assemble this version, and they especially enjoy eating it! —Cherie Ackerman, Lakeland, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 20 dill pickle slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon pizza or Italian seasoning
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with pizza
- sauce. Top with beef mixture, bacon, pickles and cheeses. Sprinkle
- with pizza seasoning. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 841 calories, 43 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 1,989 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 53 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.