Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe
My children really enjoy this effortless entree I concocted to duplicate the flavor of my favorite hamburger.—Melissa Stevens, Elk River, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Barbecue sauce and prepared mustard, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings. Drain pasta; add to the skillet. Stir in the soup, water, beef and bacon; heat through.
- 3. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with barbecue sauce and mustard if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 389 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC