- 1 cup barbecue sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Crumble the meats
- over the mixture and mix well; divide into 24 portions.
- Wrap each cheese cube with a cut bacon strip. Shape one portion of
- meat mixture around each bacon-wrapped cheese cube. Place meatballs
- on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Drain on paper towels. Serve on lettuce-lined buns
- with barbecue sauce. Yield: 8 sandwiches.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich with 3 meatballs and 2 tablespoons sauce equals 784 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 1,594 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 43 g protein.