Bacon Cheeseburger Meatball Subs Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2/3 pound ground veal
- 2/3 pound ground pork
- 24 cubes cheddar cheese (1/2-inch each)
- 8 cooked bacon strips, cut into thirds
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 submarine buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, warmed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Crumble the meats over the mixture and mix well; divide into 24 portions.
- 2. Wrap each cheese cube with a cut bacon strip. Shape one portion of meat mixture around each bacon-wrapped cheese cube. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain on paper towels. Serve on lettuce-lined buns with barbecue sauce. Yield: 8 sandwiches.
1 sandwich: 784 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 1594mg sodium, 85g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 43g protein .
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Meatball Subs
"These meatballs have great flavor. I had to put mine over rice since I do not like the gluten free bread and it was still very filling. Too many leftovers though"