- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until
- crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In a Dutch
- oven, cook the beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Add bacon and cheese; cook and stir
- until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into
- fourths. Roll each portion into an 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; cut
- each into six squares. Place 1/4 cup meat mixture in the center of
- each square. Bring corners together in the center and pinch to seal.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 9-11
- minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with butter. Serve warm with
- ketchup if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 310 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.