- 1 egg
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine egg and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 36 portions; set aside. In another large bowl, combine the flour and milk until smooth. Add cheese and bacon; mix well.
- Shape cheese mixture into 36 balls. Shape one beef portion around each cheese ball. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Place cracker crumbs in another bowl. Dip meatballs into egg, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat in oil for 10-12 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and coating is golden brown. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Balls
Sort By :
We did NOT care for these at all! Ours turned out SUPER oily even with 93% lean ground sirloin. We also thought the bacon (used center-cut) took over the flavor a bit. Sorry to say, but we WILL NOT be making these again.
Can you use regular milk instead of 2 percent milk because we only drink regular milk
They were good MY GRANDSONS liked them for snacks ~ they said a little more bacon!
These are sooo good. I have made them with cheese cracker crumbs on the outside and baked them. My husband DEVOURS them!
I suspect the one star people did something wrong. This was really good, not at all dry.