- 1 egg
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine egg and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 36 portions; set aside. In another large bowl, combine the flour and milk until smooth. Add cheese and bacon; mix well.
- Shape cheese mixture into 36 balls. Shape one beef portion around each cheese ball. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Place cracker crumbs in another bowl. Dip meatballs into egg, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat in oil for 10-12 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and coating is golden brown. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Balls
Sort By :
"Very good, I used bacon bits to cut down on fat and calories. I omitted the second egg and rolled them in bread crumbs."
"These were SUPER yummy, however to say 25 minutes for prep is not accurate at all! It took almost 45 minutes just to make the meatballs then another 30+ to cook. Make sure you allow plenty of time for the prep!"
"We did NOT care for these at all! Ours turned out SUPER oily even with 93% lean ground sirloin. We also thought the bacon (used center-cut) took over the flavor a bit. Sorry to say, but we WILL NOT be making these again."
"Can you use regular milk instead of 2 percent milk because we only drink regular milk"