Bacon Cheeseburger Balls Recipe
When I serve these, my husband and kids are often fooled into thinking we're having plain meatballs until they cut into the flavorful filling inside! —Cathy Lendvoy, Boharm, Saskatchewan
- 1 egg
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine egg and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 36 portions; set aside. In another large bowl, combine the flour and milk until smooth. Add cheese and bacon; mix well.
- 2. Shape cheese mixture into 36 balls. Shape one beef portion around each cheese ball. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Place cracker crumbs in another bowl. Dip meatballs into egg, then coat with crumbs.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat in oil for 10-12 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and coating is golden brown. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 222 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Balls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC