Bacon Cheeseburger Balls Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine egg and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 36 portions; set aside. In another large bowl, combine the flour and milk until smooth. Add cheese and bacon; mix well.
- 2. Shape cheese mixture into 36 balls. Shape one beef portion around each cheese ball. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Place cracker crumbs in another bowl. Dip meatballs into egg, then coat with crumbs.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat in oil for 10-12 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and coating is golden brown. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 each: 222 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Balls
"Very good, I used bacon bits to cut down on fat and calories. I omitted the second egg and rolled them in bread crumbs."
"These were SUPER yummy, however to say 25 minutes for prep is not accurate at all! It took almost 45 minutes just to make the meatballs then another 30+ to cook. Make sure you allow plenty of time for the prep!"
"We did NOT care for these at all! Ours turned out SUPER oily even with 93% lean ground sirloin. We also thought the bacon (used center-cut) took over the flavor a bit. Sorry to say, but we WILL NOT be making these again."
"Can you use regular milk instead of 2 percent milk because we only drink regular milk"
"They were good MY GRANDSONS liked them for snacks ~ they said a little more bacon!"
"These are sooo good. I have made them with cheese cracker crumbs on the outside and baked them. My husband DEVOURS them!"
"I suspect the one star people did something wrong. This was really good, not at all dry."
"If you make them regularly, I don't see how the family could be "often fooled" into thinking that they're plain meatballs. I made these last night and my family said the bacon should have been left out."
"took a bit of work to prepare, but sooo worth it! the crispy cracker on the outside and the cheese delicious inside! Mmmm will make again for sure!!"
"Lots of prep time, but worth it! Delicious."
"I loved these meatballs. I used the leftovers with spaghetti. Delicious!"
"We had high hopes for these meatballs... we tried to fry some and bake some but no one in our home liked them."
"I made this recipe with ground turkey instead of beef and baked them instead of frying. They were tasteful and my family liked them."
"I followed the suggestion of another reviewer and baked these instead of frying them. They were really good. I think next time I would either skip the breading or just use panko crumbs. Less hassle than crushing up the saltines."
"Loved the texture on the outside! Meat balls were very tasty. Family loved them."
"I'd like to suggest try baking them instead of frying in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes (+/-)."
"We didn't care for these meatballs. Cooking them in oil made them soggy and very greasy."