- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and lemon juice. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in remaining oil on all sides. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Spoon reserved marinade over chicken. Top with cheeses and mushrooms. Place bacon strips in a crisscross pattern over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon-Cheese Topped Chicken
Sort By :
"This was amazing! Although, how could something with bacon and cheese NOT be amazing?!? Definitely a keeper, great way to change up chicken! Next time I think I'll pound down the chicken and wrap it around the bacon and cheese before grilling to make a stuffed chicken breast!"
"Bacon and chicken - our favorite ingredients. This was a big hit! I will DEFINITELY make this again."
"Tender and moist chicken."
"This was a hit with my husband and I. The only adjustment I made was to cook for only 15 minutes, since my chicken was thinly cut. Amazing flavor!"
"Fantastic Flavor! The whole family loved it!"