Bacon Cheese Swirls
When you want a real crowd-pleaser, turn to these cheesy little bites made with refrigerated crescent dough. The flaky swirls have great onion flavor and a creamy filling.
32 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Separate crescent dough into four 8-in. x 6-in. rectangles; gently
- press perforations to seal. In a small bowl, combine the cream
- cheese, bacon, onion and milk. Spread evenly over rectangles.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to
- seal. Cut each roll into eight slices; place cut side down on
- ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake
- 5-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room
- temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 59 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon