When you want a real crowd-pleaser, turn to these cheesy little bites made with refrigerated crescent dough. The flaky swirls have great onion flavor and a creamy filling.
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Separate crescent dough into four 8-in. x 6-in. rectangles; gently press perforations to seal. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, bacon, onion and milk. Spread evenly over rectangles.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each roll into eight slices; place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Bacon Cheese Swirls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p32
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon Cheese Swirls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review