Bacon Cheese Stromboli
Abby Thompson of Madison Heights, Virginia uses refrigerated pizza dough to speed up preparation of this bacon-filled breakfast stromboli. "Our kids love cheesy slices with salsa and sour cream," she reports.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jar (12 ounces) salsa
- Sour cream, optional
- On an ungreased baking sheet, roll the dough into a 12-in. circle.
- One one half of dough, sprinkle cheeses and bacon to within 1/2 in.
- of edges. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Bake at 425° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with
- salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 389 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,222 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.