Bacon Cheese Strips Recipe
"These cheesy strips are super for breakfast or as an appetizer," writes Linn Morrison of Mesilla Park, New Mexico. "For years, they've been a hit with my family and my women's club."
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 5 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 bread slices, crusts removed and toasted
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Stir in bacon. Spread over toast. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- 2. Cut each slice of toast into three strips. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon Cheese Strips
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2012
"Very easy! Guys loved it with football. And able to make well in advance."
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2008
"Great snack recipe! My husband and my daughter gobbled these up."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC