Bacon Cheese Strips Recipe
"These cheesy strips are super for breakfast or as an appetizer," writes Linn Morrison of Mesilla Park, New Mexico. "For years, they've been a hit with my family and my women's club."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 5 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 bread slices, crusts removed and toasted
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Stir in bacon. Spread over toast. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- 2. Cut each slice of toast into three strips. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC