Bacon Cheese Strips Recipe
"These cheesy strips are super for breakfast or as an appetizer," writes Linn Morrison of Mesilla Park, New Mexico. "For years, they've been a hit with my family and my women's club."
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 5 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 bread slices, crusts removed and toasted
- Paprika, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Stir in bacon. Spread over toast. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Cut each slice of toast into three strips. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon Cheese Strips in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p40
Reviews for Bacon Cheese Strips(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Potluck Appetizers >