- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 5 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 bread slices, crusts removed and toasted
- Paprika, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Stir in bacon. Spread over toast. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Cut each slice of toast into three strips. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon Cheese Strips in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p40
Reviews for Bacon Cheese Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2012
Very easy! Guys loved it with football. And able to make well in advance.
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2008
Great snack recipe! My husband and my daughter gobbled these up.
More Recipe Collections
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >