Bacon Cheese Potatoes
I received this recipe from a friend who's a wonderful cook. This goes great with any main course, but it's especially good with ham.
10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Paprika, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. In a large bowl, mix potatoes with onion, cheese and
- Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- bacon and olives. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until
- heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika if desired. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 466 calories, 34 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.