Bacon Cheese Poppers Recipe
- 16 jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Sour cream or ranch salad dressing
- 1. Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cheeses, bacon, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon peel and chili powder. Spoon into pepper halves. Dip tops of stuffed peppers into bread crumbs.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream or ranch dressing. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer (calculated without sour cream or ranch dressing) equals 77 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Cheese Poppers
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.