Bacon Cheese Poppers Recipe
- 16 jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Sour cream or ranch salad dressing
- 1. Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cheeses, bacon, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon peel and chili powder. Spoon into pepper halves. Dip tops of stuffed peppers into bread crumbs.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream or ranch dressing. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 77 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Bacon Cheese Poppers
"If you clean your Jalapenos under cold running water you will avoid the burn of your skin....Absolutely Amazing and very Delicious"
"My husband, 6 boys, relatives and myself can't seem to get enough of these jalapenos! The are beyond amazing! It's a little effort to prepare but well worth it. I get the men in the family to do the cutting and seeding of the jalapenos. Enjoy!"
"Bacon is vegetarian????"
"NOT vegetarian. Wrong category"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.