Bacon Cheese Muffins
The first time I made these muffins, my husband thought he'd gone to heaven! I found the recipe in an old cookbook and added more spices for a little extra zip.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a another
- bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20
- minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes
- before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 200 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.