The first time I made these muffins, my husband thought he'd gone to heaven! I found the recipe in an old cookbook and added more spices for a little extra zip.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a another bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon Cheese Muffins in Best of Country Breads 2000, p23
Reviews for Bacon Cheese Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review