Bacon Cheese Fondue Recipe
When I'm looking for an appetizer with mass appeal but want a change from the usual cheese spread, this is the recipe I make. Everyone enjoys the rich flavor. —Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12-14 servings
- 4 to 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese cubes; cook and stir until melted. Stir in sour cream, jalapeno if desired and bacon; cook and stir just until heated through. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 3-3/4 cups.
4 tablespoons equals 305 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC