Bacon Cheese Fondue Recipe
When I'm looking for an appetizer with mass appeal but want a change from the usual cheese spread, this is the recipe I make. Everyone enjoys the rich flavor. —Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
- 4 to 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese cubes; cook and stir until melted. Stir in sour cream, jalapeno if desired and bacon; cook and stir just until heated through. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 3-3/4 cups.
4 tablespoon: 305 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Cheese Fondue
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC