- 4 to 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cheese cubes; cook and stir until melted. Stir in sour cream, jalapeno if desired and bacon; cook and stir just until heated through. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 3-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Bacon Cheese Fondue in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p38
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Bacon Cheese Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review