Bacon-Cheese English Muffins
THIS WONDERFUL RECIPE is just too good to keep to myself! My daughter shared it with me.
The portions are just right to suit my appetite, and the muffins are so pretty when they're pulled from the oven with the cheese all bubbly and hot. I also serve these to guests.
-Violena Carver, Potosi, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 onion slices
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Spread muffin halves with mayonnaise; top with tomato, onion and
- cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Top with bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 451 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,050 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.