Bacon-Cheese Biscuit Bites
As a busy stay-at-home mom, I like great-tasting recipes that are easy and that the kids can help prepare. These savory snacks meet both of those requirements.Margo Lewis, Lake City, Michigan
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 large plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped, divided
- 1 tube (10.2 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and milk until smooth.
- Stir in the bacon, cheese, onion and half of the tomato; set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces; press each piece into a greased
- miniature muffin cup. Fill with cream cheese mixture; top with
- remaining tomato.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 84 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.