As a busy stay-at-home mom, I like great-tasting recipes that are easy and that the kids can help prepare. These savory snacks meet both of those requirements.—Margo Lewis, Lake City, Michigan
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 large plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped, divided
- 1 tube (10.2 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and milk until smooth. Stir in the bacon, cheese, onion and half of the tomato; set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces; press each piece into a greased miniature muffin cup. Fill with cream cheese mixture; top with remaining tomato.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Originally published as Bacon-Cheese Biscuit Bites in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p66
Reviews for Bacon-Cheese Biscuit Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review