Bacon-Cheese Appetizer Pie Recipe
I first made this for an open house 3 years ago and everybody liked it. It's very easy to make and tastes delicious. Cheesecake is popular in these parts - it's fun to have it for an appetizer instead of dessert for a change.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:20 servings
- Pastry for a single-crust pie
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Roll the pastry into a 13-1/2 in. circle. Fit into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Lightly prick the bottom. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs and milk; beat until smooth. Add cheese, onions, bacon, salt, pepper and cayenne; mix well. Pour into the crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Cut into thin slices; serve warm with crackers. Yield: 20 servings.
1 slice (calculated without crackers) equals 136 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC