Bacon-Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
“My daughters just go crazy over these potatoes! They tell all their friends that their mom is making the best potatoes in the world.” -Julie Putnam of Lebanon, Ohio
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup French onion dip
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 18-22 minutes or until tender, turning once. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, 3/4 cup cheese, dip, bacon, onions and pepper. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. Add pulp to the mayonnaise mixture and mash.
- Spoon into potato shells. Return to the microwave-safe plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p58
Reviews for Bacon-Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 20, 2013
These are so delicious! Beats all other baked stuffed potatoes.
Reviewed May. 17, 2010
Very good--the french onion dip adds a unique flavor (and saves time)...All my guests enjoyed!
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2009
The best stuffed potato ever!!!