Bacon Cheddar Round
In Winnsboro, Texas, Dorothy Collins often stirs up a "round" of this cheesy bread. "With just six ingredients, the moist bread mixes up in just minutes," she reports. "Of course, it gets gobbled up quickly, too!"
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 3-1/2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and sugar. Stir in cheese
- and bacon. Beat egg and milk; add to cheese mixture just until
- moistened. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove sides
- of pan and serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 300 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.