Bacon Cheddar Quiche Recipe
- 14 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, layer the bacon, cheese, mushrooms and onion. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and cayenne; pour over the onion.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-1/2 minutes, stirring twice. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes or until set. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 256 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 218mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Cheddar Quiche
"Have made this several times. The kids and I love it but the hubby not so much. This time I made it with turkey bacon as I wasn't going to pay over $5 for a pound of bacon. Also used Colby/Jack cheese this time but think I prefer it with the sharp cheddar I usually use."
"this recipe became a quick family favorite from the start! i had to substitute fresh spinach for the mushrooms because daughter doesn't like them. here's the recipe converted to cups:14 bacon strips cooked & crumbled = 1-1/2c1 jar mushrooms = 3/4 c1 (10oz) pckg frozen spinach = 6c fresh = 1c cooked & drained1 (5oz) can evap'd milk = 2/3c"