"Whenever company comes to stay over, I make this wonderful breakfast dish," writes Val Forsythe of Albert Lea, Minnesota. "They think I've worked for hours when it only takes about 20 minutes start to finish."
- 14 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, layer the bacon, cheese, mushrooms and onion. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and cayenne; pour over the onion.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-1/2 minutes, stirring twice. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes or until set. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Cheddar Quiche in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p47
Reviews for Bacon Cheddar Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review