Bacon Cheddar Potato Skins Recipe
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use). Place potato skins on a greased baking sheet.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper; brush over both sides of skins.
- 3. Bake at 475° for 7 minutes on each side or until crisp. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 338 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Cheddar Potato Skins
"These are the best ever!"
"Great easy recipe. Received rave reviews at our super bowl party. Have made them again using a jar of bacon bits and still received request for the recipe."
"I will never want to order potato skins at a restaurant again, these are better."
"Delicious! I'm going to need to tweak it though, not as crisp as I expected. Maybe take out my potato?"
"Great recipe that received several compliments. I highly recommend."
"I finally found a potato skin recipe with great taste and just the right crispness! My whole family loved them and said these were the best skins they ever had!"
"These were awesome! Just made them for the Super Bowl tonight. They take a little time but it's worth it! I omitted the salt on others' suggestions but next time I'll add it and see. We thought it was missing a little salt, however, I use lower sodium bacon so maybe that is the difference. Great recipe!"
"These are fantastic! I made them as an appetizer for my yearly cookie dough party and for xmas eve at my in-laws. Big hit. Will make again soon but just for us!"
"A great potato skin recipe. I had been looking for one that was tasty and not too difficult."
"AWESOME! These tasted better than the ones at the store! I will use less salt in the spread as they were a little too salty! I can't wait to make them again!"
"This is one of the very best recipes for skins that I have found in a long time.Thank you for sharing !!"
"Loved it, just doubled seasoning and oil for us."
"These were just what I was looking for! I have made skins before but they were so bland. The oil mixture you brush on them makes all the difference. Just one minor adjustment I will make for next time is I will leave out the salt. The parmesean cheese provides more than enough saltiness."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.