- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 475°. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use). Place potato skins on a greased baking sheet.
- Combine oil with next five ingredients; brush over both sides of skins.
- Bake until crisp, about 7 minutes on each side. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Bake until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes longer. Top with sour cream and onions. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBacon Cheddar Potato Skins
"I've been making these since the recipe first appeared in 1998. I think the salt is a matter of preference and depends on how much you use as well as the type of Parmesan you choose. Those less expensive cheeses can be saltier. Personally I use Pecorino Romano as we prefer that. I've used those ready made bacon bits on occasion but haven't in some time. Overall this is a great recipe. When serving for a party I bake the potatoes ahead, scoop out the centers & get the oil & seasonings put together ahead of time for quick prep work later. They come out great every time!"
"These are the best ever!"
"Great easy recipe. Received rave reviews at our super bowl party. Have made them again using a jar of bacon bits and still received request for the recipe."
"I will never want to order potato skins at a restaurant again, these are better."
"Delicious! I'm going to need to tweak it though, not as crisp as I expected. Maybe take out my potato?"
"Great recipe that received several compliments. I highly recommend."
"I finally found a potato skin recipe with great taste and just the right crispness! My whole family loved them and said these were the best skins they ever had!"
"These were awesome! Just made them for the Super Bowl tonight. They take a little time but it's worth it! I omitted the salt on others' suggestions but next time I'll add it and see. We thought it was missing a little salt, however, I use lower sodium bacon so maybe that is the difference. Great recipe!"
"These are fantastic! I made them as an appetizer for my yearly cookie dough party and for xmas eve at my in-laws. Big hit. Will make again soon but just for us!"
"A great potato skin recipe. I had been looking for one that was tasty and not too difficult."