Bacon-Cheddar Potato Croquettes Recipe
- 4 cups cold mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 40 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Barbecue sauce, Dijon-mayonnaise blend or ranch salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls into balls. Roll in cracker crumbs. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Combine butter and paprika; drizzle over croquettes. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
Freeze option: Prepare croquettes as directed, omitting chilling step. Transfer to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Prepare butter mixture; drizzle over croquettes. Cover and freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, bake croquettes as directed, increasing time to 20-25 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 appetizer (calculated without dipping sa: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Bacon-Cheddar Potato Croquettes
"Great way to use leftovers; if freeze, cook frozen not defrosted"
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.