Bacon-Cheddar Potato Croquettes Recipe
Instead of throwing out leftover mashed potatoes, use them to make croquettes. The little baked balls are yummy with ranch dressing, barbecue sauce or Dijon mayonnaise for dipping. —Pamela Shank, Parkersburg, West Virginia
- 4 cups cold mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 40 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Barbecue sauce, Dijon-mayonnaise blend or ranch salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls into balls. Roll in cracker crumbs. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Combine butter and paprika; drizzle over croquettes. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
Freeze option: Prepare croquettes as directed, omitting chilling step. Transfer to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Prepare butter mixture; drizzle over croquettes. Cover and freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, bake croquettes as directed, increasing time to 20-25 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon-Cheddar Potato Croquettes
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2015
"Great way to use leftovers; if freeze, cook frozen not defrosted"
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC