Bacon-Cheddar Potato Croquettes Recipe
Instead of throwing out leftover mashed potatoes, use them to make croquettes. The little baked balls are yummy with ranch dressing, barbecue sauce or Dijon-mayonnaise for dipping.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. YIELD:60 servings
- 4 cups cold mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 40 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Barbecue sauce, Dijon-mayonnaise blend or ranch salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls into balls. Roll each in cracker crumbs. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. Combine butter and paprika; drizzle over croquettes. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC