Instead of throwing out leftover mashed potatoes, use them to make croquettes. The little baked balls are yummy with ranch dressing, barbecue sauce or Dijon-mayonnaise for dipping. —Pamela Shank, Parkersburg, West Virginia
- 4 cups cold mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 40 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Barbecue sauce, Dijon-mayonnaise blend or ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls into balls. Roll each in cracker crumbs. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Combine butter and paprika; drizzle over croquettes. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon-Cheddar Potato Croquettes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p23
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Bacon-Cheddar Potato Croquettes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review