Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels Recipe
In New Franklin, Missouri, Marlene Wyatt bakes up these fast flaky rolls that are perfect any time of the day. "Try them with scrambled eggs at breakfast or with potato soup at lunch," she recommends. "Our family also enjoys them with a little butter as a snack."
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening. Add milk and mix well. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times. Roll into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- 2. Roll up from a long side. Cut into 15 slices; place cut side down in greased muffin cups. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 rolls.
1 each: 156 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC