Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels
In New Franklin, Missouri, Marlene Wyatt bakes up these fast flaky rolls that are perfect any time of the day. "Try them with scrambled eggs at breakfast or with potato soup at lunch," she recommends. "Our family also enjoys them with a little butter as a snack."
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in
- shortening. Add milk and mix well. Turn onto a floured surface;
- knead 6-8 times. Roll into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Sprinkle
- with bacon and cheese.
- Roll up from a long side. Cut into 15 slices; place cut side down in
- greased muffin cups. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until
- golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 rolls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 156 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.