Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels Recipe
In New Franklin, Missouri, Marlene Wyatt bakes up these fast flaky rolls that are perfect any time of the day. "Try them with scrambled eggs at breakfast or with potato soup at lunch," she recommends. "Our family also enjoys them with a little butter as a snack."
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening. Add milk and mix well. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times. Roll into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Roll up from a long side. Cut into 15 slices; place cut side down in greased muffin cups. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 rolls.
Originally published as Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p55
Reviews for Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >