Bacon Cheddar Muffins
Cheddar cheese and bacon add hearty breakfast flavor to these tasty muffins from Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia. Calling for just six ingredients, they're quick to stir up and handy to eat on the run.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, oil and egg just
- until moistened. Fold in cheese and bacon. Fill greased muffin cups
- three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to
- a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.