Bacon Cheddar Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, oil and egg just until moistened. Fold in cheese and bacon. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 each: 194 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Bacon Cheddar Muffins
"Great quick and easy breakfast muffin."
"Nothing extraordinary, but still a decent breakfast item. Will continue to make these, especially for rushed mornings."
"I turned these into jumbo size muffins...very good but I think they do need a little something..you mainly taste the bacon...trying again with buttermilk in place of regular milk...will update after"
"cud use some seasoning and it was not as crunchy as i wouldve liked but stilll awsome! perfect breakfast on the go."
"Wow! These were super quick and super easy and cheezy-bacony good! Definitely a keeper!"
"Wow! Rhwaw qwew cey"
"These were delish! I made them for my boyfriend to eat in the mornings before work and he liked them very much. i used the real bacon bacon-bits that you can buy in the store and they worked just as well! they were very fluffy and tasted great"