Bacon-Cheddar Meat Loaves
It’s easy to get your family eating healthier with menus as delicious as the one Tonya Vowels of Vine Grove, Kentucky shares here. Who’d ever guess that mini Bacon-Cheddar Meat Loaves this moist, tender and full of flavor could possibly be light—especially when topped with bacon and melted cheese!
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1/3 cup plus 8 teaspoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 turkey bacon strips, cut in half
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, crackers, 1/3 cup cheese,
- onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into four small loaves; place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish. Top each with a half-strip of bacon.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until no pink remains and a
- thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 2-3
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 meat loaf equals 296 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch,