- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup crushed reduced-fat Ritz crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1/3 cup plus 8 teaspoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 turkey bacon strips, cut in half
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, crackers, 1/3 cup cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four small loaves; place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top each with a half-strip of bacon.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBacon-Cheddar Meat Loaves
"Great recipe! I accidently used smoked pepper instead of regular and my family loved it. They don't want me to use my old meatloaf recipe any more."
"This Recipe has everything you love and is so easy to fix."
"Very tasty! I made a change in the recipe and used ground bison instead of ground beef, and it was delicious! My whole family loved this recipe. I will definitely be making these again!"
"Really tasty! My husband love them!!"
"The whole family loves it!"
"Love this...my husband now has me make a double recipes for extra leftovers."
"This meat loaf was DELICIOUS for something a bit different if you like meat loaf. My entire family loved it and I will definitely make it again! easy AND delicious!!"