Bacon-Cheddar Deviled Eggs
Laura LeMay from Deerfield Beach, Florida recalls, "I created this recipe a few years ago when I was craving something different to do with hard-cooked eggs. I combined three of my favorite foods - bacon, eggs and cheese - in these deviled eggs. I've shared them at parties and have received many compliments on their eggstra special taste."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In
- a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, bacon, cheese,
- mustard and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Editor’s Note: As a substitute for honey mustard, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard and 1-1/2 teaspoons honey.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 163 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.