Bacon-Cheddar Biscuit Snackers Recipe
These treats are great to take to parties or just to keep at home for snacks. They are delicious and go quickly.—Ann Robertson, Smyrna, Tennessee
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1. Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- 3. Divide dough in half. Roll one portion into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut in half, forming two 9-in. x 6-in. rectangles; cut each rectangle into nine 1-in. strips. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 4. Place a piece of bacon on each biscuit strip; carefully roll up jelly-roll style. Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 97 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Cheddar Biscuit Snackers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC