Bacon-Cheddar Biscuit Snackers Recipe
These treats are great to take to parties or just to keep at home for snacks. They are delicious and go quickly.—Ann Robertson, Smyrna, Tennessee
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:36 servings
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1. Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- 3. Divide dough in half. Roll one portion into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut in half, forming two 9-in. x 6-in. rectangles; cut each rectangle into nine 1-in. strips. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 4. Place a piece of bacon on each biscuit strip; carefully roll up jelly-roll style. Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 97 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC