- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Divide dough in half. Roll one portion into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut in half, forming two 9-in. x 6-in. rectangles; cut each rectangle into nine 1-in. strips. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place a piece of bacon on each biscuit strip; carefully roll up jelly-roll style. Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon-Cheddar Biscuit Snackers
"These were delicious, but tedious to make. Pre-cooking the bacon was very time consuming for me, since I could only fit 5 or 6 (half) slices in the skillet at a time. Next time, I will try the microwave or use a griddle. I had to add an extra few tablespoons of milk to get the dough to hold together, and mixed it with my hands because it was too crumbly to knead with only 1/3 cup of milk."