Bacon-Cheddar Biscuit Snackers Recipe
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Divide dough in half. Roll one portion into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut in half, forming two 9-in. x 6-in. rectangles; cut each rectangle into nine 1-in. strips. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place a piece of bacon on each biscuit strip; carefully roll up jelly-roll style. Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon-Cheddar Biscuit Snackers(2)
Sort By :
Delicious! I used turkey bacon and low fat cheese, also part whole wheat flour and half the salt to make them healthier. Since the turkey bacon is precooked, it sped up the process as well.
I served a plateful to my family and within minutes they were looking for more.
These were delicious, but tedious to make. Pre-cooking the bacon was very time consuming for me, since I could only fit 5 or 6 (half) slices in the skillet at a time. Next time, I will try the microwave or use a griddle. I had to add an extra few tablespoons of milk to get the dough to hold together, and mixed it with my hands because it was too crumbly to knead with only 1/3 cup of milk.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Roll-up Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >