Bacon Cauliflower Salad Recipe
This salad was my Aunt Lavern’s specialty and is still a family tradition. It has a crispy-crunchy combination of ingredients and a slightly sweet creamy dressing. —Kelly Ward Hartman, Cape Coral, Florida
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the cauliflower, bacon, cheese, green pepper and onion. Combine the mayonnaise and sugar; spoon over cauliflower mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 816 calories, 74 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,147 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC