In summer, I am always looking for ways to use the fresh basil and tomatoes that grow in my herb garden. This recipe combines the two flavors in a wonderful salad that you can make any time of year! —Mary Ann Turk, Joplin, MO
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Arrange cheese, tomatoes and spinach on a large serving platter; top with bacon, basil and green onions. Just before serving, drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Caprese Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p9
Reviews for Bacon Caprese Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review