Family and friends always say my Caesar salad rivals any restaurant version. The addition of bacon lends a slightly smoky flavor and makes it unique.—Sharon Tipton, Orlando, Florida
- 2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- Dash pepper
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bread cubes in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove to paper towels; cool.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, anchovy paste and pepper. In a serving bowl, combine romaine and bacon. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons and cheese. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Bacon Caesar Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p26
Reviews for Bacon Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review