Bacon Cabbage Stir-Fry
If you like cabbage, you'll enjoy this stir-fried side dish shared by Lori Thompson of New London, Texas. "It's not only delicious, but fast to fix when you need to get dinner on the table quickly," she writes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Stir-fry
- cabbage in drippings for 5 minutes. Add garlic powder, salt, mustard
- and bacon; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 159 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.