Bacon Burger Puffs
This recipe is the result of my attempt to improve upon a dish I sampled at our local county fair. Friends and family say these are the best burgers they've ever eaten. - Connie Williams, Starke, Florida
4 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 16 bacon strips, halved
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 envelope au jus sauce mix
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towel. Drain and discard drippings. Shape beef into four
- patties. In the same skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no
- longer pink; cool. On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff
- pastry to half of the original thickness. Cut into four rectangles.
- Place a slice of mozzarella cheese in the center of each rectangle;
- top each with four bacon pieces, one beef patty, four more bacon
- pieces and a slice of cheddar cheese. Wrap pastry around filling.
- Brush edges with water; seal. Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush
- with milk. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare au jus sauce according to package directions.
- Serve with the burger puffs. Yield: 4 servings.