Bacon Burger Puffs Recipe
This recipe is the result of my attempt to improve upon a dish I sampled at our local county fair. Friends and family say these are the best burgers they've ever eaten. - Connie Williams, Starke, Florida
- 16 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 envelope au jus sauce mix
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel. Drain and discard drippings. Shape beef into four patties. In the same skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink; cool. On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to half of the original thickness. Cut into four rectangles. Place a slice of mozzarella cheese in the center of each rectangle; top each with four bacon pieces, one beef patty, four more bacon pieces and a slice of cheddar cheese. Wrap pastry around filling. Brush edges with water; seal. Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with milk. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, prepare au jus sauce according to package directions. Serve with the burger puffs. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Burger Puffs
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2013
"I actually used to make these for a restaurant I worked at in St. Augustine Florida, back in 1986-87, we called them Hattie Burgers! The only difference was we placed the cheese inside the burger!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC