Bacon Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are an absolute treat when cooked this way. Short on time? Substitute ready-to-serve cooked bacon for the cooked bacon below. —Lisa Daniell, Loveland, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen brussels sprouts, thawed and halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large skillet, saute brussels sprouts in butter until tender.
- Add the bacon, walnuts and garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until
- heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 221 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.