Here in the hot Florida sun, we appreciate refreshing no-fuss salads like this. It's a popular side dish at church potlucks and picnics.
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the bacon, broccoli, raisins and sunflower kernels; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar; pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Stir before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Broccoli Salad in Country Pork 1996, p12
Reviews for Bacon Broccoli Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review